Marrakech to Zagora - 1 night 2 days desert tour - Shared tour
- Shared Tours
- 2 days
- 55.00 €
We invite you to experience a wonderful wanderlust in the desert of Morocco. By choosing the 2 days desert tour to Zagora, you will go on a unique journey with other travelers (10 to 17) to explore the magic of the desert. This tour if perfect for you if you don't have the time to take on a longer trip and if you are looking for a desert tour at a very affordable price. This shared tour to Zagora from Marrakech will provide you a memorable travel and human experience as you discover a rocky desert and the life created aound it in the company of other passionate travelers.
Highlights of the trip
- Try out the most popular desert tour from Marrakech.
- Take the opportunity to see the desert in only 2 days, especially if you can’t book a tour for a longer period of time but still want to live the desert experience.
- Pass by the High Atlas Mountains and admire the intensity of its landscapes.
- Ride a camel in the dunes and admire the beautiful light of the sunrise and sunset in the south of Morocco.
- Spend the night in a tent, under the stars and enjoy a traditional moroccan night around a campfire.
- Explore the splendid scenery of the Draa Valley and its unique palm groves.
- Visit UNESCO world heritage sites like Kasbah Ait Benhadou.
- Your driver picks you up from your place of accomodation between 7 :30am and 8 :30am. To know more about our pick-up policy, please check out our FAQ section "Pick-up policy".
- On the road, you will stop many times to enjoy the views, take pictures, exchange with the locals.
- You arrive to the province of Ouarzazate and explore Kasbah Ait Benhaddou with a local guide. It is the largest Kasbah in Morocco and a must-see UNESCO world heritage site. Kasbah Ait Benhaddou is considered to be one of the most striking illustration of pre-Saharian architecture in Africa.
- Discover Moroccan traditional food by having lunch at the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou.
- Continue the journey of your desert tour to Zagora by crossing the Draa Valley through the Anti Atlas and the Berber village of Agdez.
- When you arrive to Zagora, you will take a camel ride into the Zagora desert to reach the camp where you will spend the night.
- Share some typical mint tea around the campfire with locals and the rest of the group.
- Have dinner over the rythms of traditional folk and blues songs played by the Touaregs of the region.
- Enjoy a good night of sleep in the tent in the bivouac.
- Wake-up to a breath taking sunrise over the small dunes of Zagora.
- Enjoy a typical breakfast prepared with care by the tenants of the Bivouac in Zagora.
- Take the way back through the Draa Valley and discover the Kasbah of Taourirt.
- Have lunch in the province of Ouarzazate.
- Right after that, your driver takes you back to Marrakech. On your way back from your 2 days desert tour, you will get onto the Tizi n' Tichka Pass where the road winds and turns up along the Atlas Mountains, and you will view massive foothills blanketed in green vegetation.
- Your driver drops you off in your accommodation in Marrakech around 7pm.
Please note that:
- Zagora desert is a rocky one and unlike the Erg Chebbi desert, also known as Merzouga, the Zagora desert doesn't offer big dunes.
- Our shared tours are at extreemly affordable rates and therefore provide you with basic services and accomodation. To enjoy an upgraded version of this tour, please check out our "1 night 2 Days Desert Tour to Zagora in Private" or our "Luxury Desert Tours" sections.
- We have departures planned everyday for this 2 days sahara tour, all year long.
- This 2 days desert tour from Marrakech is subject to good weather conditions.
What is included
- Transport in a mini-bus of 14 to 17 seats.
- French speaking driver.
- One overnight stay in a bivouac.
- Breakfast and dinner.
- 1 hour camel ride.
What is not included
- Entrance fees to monuments and historical sites.
- Optional activities.
You can book your tour online through our website or by dropping us an email with your request at email@example.com or give us a call at +212 5 24 43 39 34.
You can either pay online or you can send us a bank transfer. You can also book now and pay upon arrival before you start the tour. To know more about our payment policy please visit our FAQ section here "Payment Policy".
D-15 : You can change your journey date free of charge, send us an email or call us and we'll cancel or modify your trip. To know more about our cancellation policy, please visit our FAQ section.