MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA - 2 NIGHTS AND 3 DAYS TOUR TO THE GORGES DADES AND MERZOUGA DESERT
- Private Tours
- 3 days
- DESERT OF MERZOUGA
- 280.00 €
Have you always wanted to live an extraordinary adventure in the desert at your own pace and following your wishes? This 3 days trip to the Merzouga desert is exactly what you need. Merzouga and the Gorges de Dades are small towns out on the edge of the Sahara Desert of Erg Chebbi. By choosing this desert tour, you will embark on a breath taking journey, with your qualified driver onboard of your private car, to wander across the Merzouga dunes and enjoy a camel ride in the serenity of the desert.
Highlights of the trip
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the south of Morocco while crossing the High Atlas Mountains and the pass of Tizi N’tichka.
- Get the chance to visit one of the most legendary UNESCO world heritage sites in Morocco , the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
- Admire the intensity of to Dades canyons, among the most beautiful canyons in North Africa.
- Discover the wonders of the Todra Gorges and the Tinghir Oasis.
- Experience a camel ride in Erg Chebbi desert, and the famous Merzouga dunes.
- Spend a memorable night in a tent at a Berber desert camp.
Day 1 Marrakech - Ait Ben Hadou - Ouarzazate - Dades Gorges
- Your driver picks you up from your place of accomodation between 7:30am and 8:30am. To know more about our pick-up policy, please check out our FAQ section "Pick-up policy".
- On the road to Merzouga, passing through Tizi Ntichka (located at 2260 altitude) and crossing the High Atlas, you will stop many times to enjoy the views, take pictures, exchange with the locals,
- You arrive to the province of Ouarzazate and explore Kasbah Ait Benhaddou with a local guide. It is the largest Kasbah in Morocco and a must-see UNESCO world heritage site. Kasbah Ait Benhaddou is considered to be one of the most striking illustration of pre-Saharian architecture in Africa.
- Discover Moroccan traditional food by having lunch at the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou.
- Take part in a visit of the Kasbah of Taourirt, before heading to the Dades gorges.
- Continue the journey of your desert tour to Merzouga by crossing the Draa Valley and the magnificent valley of the Roses and Kalaa’t Mgouna.
- Enjoy a vivid sunset in the Gorges of Dades while enjoying a typical moroccan mint tea.
- Dinner and overnight in a hotel or Riad in Dades.
Day 2 Dades Gorges - Merzouga (Erg Chebbi Dunes)
- Enjoy a moroccan breakfast at your hotel in Dades Valley.
- Follow your 3 days desert journey towards the road of the « One Thousand Kasbahs » passing by the oasis of Tinghir, to attend the river to the Todgha Gorge.
- Take the time to reflect on the immensity of the cliffs and treat yourself afterwards with a traditional moroccan lunch in a local café.
- Early in the afternoon, continue your trip to Merzouga to the city of Rissani, famous for its market dates and the starting point of the old commercial caravans passage the Moroccan desert to Tomboctou.
- When you arrive to Merzouga, you will take a camel ride into the Erg Chebbi dunes and go back to reach the bivouac where you will spend the night (the camp isn’t within the dunes but around it).
- Share some typical mint tea around the campfire with locals and the rest of the group.
- Have dinner over the rythms of traditional folk and blues songs played by the Touaregs of the region.
- Enjoy a good night of sleep in the tent in the bivouac.
Day 3 Merzouga - Marrakech (Erg Chebbi Desert)
- Wake-up to a breath taking sunrise surrounded by the impressive dunes of Merzouga.
- Enjoy a typical breakfast prepared with care by the tenants of the Bivouac in Merzouga.
- Take the way back through the Draa Valley and discover the Kasbah of Taourirt.
- Have lunch in the province of Ouarzazate.
- Right after that, your driver takes you back to Marrakech. On your way back from your 3 days desert tour, you will get onto the Tizi n' Tichka Pass where the road winds and turns up along the Atlas Mountains, and you will view massive foothills blanketed in green vegetation.
- Your private 3 days desert tour will end in Marrakech at about 7 pm (depending on the traffic) when your driver drops you off at your place of accommodation.
Please note that:
- Our private tours provide you with premium services and accomodation. To enjoy an upgraded version of this tour, please check out our "Luxury Desert Tours" section.
- We have departures planned everyday for this 3 days sahara tour, all year long.
- This 3 days desert tour from Marrakech is subject to good weather conditions.
What is included
- Transport in a 4x4 private car.
- French and English speaking driver.
- One overnight stay in 3-4* hotel in Boulmane Dades.
- One overnight is a berber desert camp.
- Breakfast and dinner.
What is not included
- Entrance fees to monuments and historical sites.
- Local guide, optional while visiting Kasbah Ait Benhaddou.
- Optional activities.
You can book your tour online through our website or by dropping us an email with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +212 5 24 43 39 34.
You can either pay online or you can send us a bank transfer. You can also book now and pay upon arrival before you start the tour. To know more about our payment policy please visit our FAQ section here "Payment Policy".
- Destination: Merzouga.
- Availability: every day, all year long.
- Pickup time: 8:00am.
- Duration: 3 days and 2 nights with accommodation included.
- Category: Private Tour.
- Clothing: athletic comfortable warm clothing, walking shoes, hat, jacket and sunscreen, swimsuit.
D-15 : You can change your journey date free of charge, send us an email or call us and we'll cancel or modify your trip. To know more about our cancellation policy, please visit our FAQ section.